Sunday, October 7, 2012




Last week, my class learned about the wonderful, nocturnal world of bats and owls...truly amazing creatures of the night! 



Here's one of my students wearing an owl costume...hooty hoot!!!


Stellaluna


Did you know? Stellaluna is a fruit bat! She had a fabulous time eating lunch with my students last week...even though she missed out on the spaghetti, yummy lasagna, turkey rolls, etc. 


We're all batty!!!

Look...it's a real bat! Did you know? Bats do not have any feathers! They're the only flying mammals...wish I was as cool as a bat and could fly!


Here are the fruit graphs we did to see which fruit Stellaluna likes the most. Can you guess Stellaluna's favorite fruit? 










Owl hand print painting...



Here are the ingredients to make a nutritianal (semi-nutritional) hoot-tastic sandwhich...
  • One bag of carrots (For nose and talons)
  • One loaf of bread (for body of owl)
  • Sliced cucumbers (for owl eyes)
  • Hershey's kisses for the eye balls (I know it's not nutritional, but what can I say...I have a MAJOR sweet tooth!)




Look at our nutritional owl treats! I must say...they're hootilicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment