Saturday, October 13, 2012



We're getting ready for Halloween!!! 
Can you tell I'm excited about our spider unit?! 


On Friday, we made super yummy spider treats fro Fun-Food Friday...and let me tell you, it was super messy too! Put a class full of kids together, a jar of chocolate icing, mix that in Oreo's and...whala, you have one big, yummy mess to clean up! But, all of the spiders turned out really cute, so it was well worth the mess.



High frequency words...spider-fied...


Some of my kids making their spider treat...



Throughout the week, my kids learned about the different parts of a spider. Okay, here comes the funny part...Last week, my kids learned about bats and owls. They learned their big word of the week, which was echolocation. So, at the beginning of last week, every time I had them identify the cephalothorax, they would all raise their hand and say, "cephalocation." ;) However, by the end of the week, they finally caught on to the correct pronunciation of the word. Whew! 


I was sooo excited about our spider unit that I even decided to have spiders painted on my toenails... 


 Getting my classroom ready for our haunted Halloween party! By the way, my Halloween decor can be found at Michaels for really cheap! 


Some of my favorite kiddos in the afternoon...



No comments:

Post a Comment